Friday 26 September 2014

Garnfrwdd 20th September .



The weather at the fishery was glorious this weekend, the unseasonal weather was more like a hot July afternoon and with the water temperature still a little high I wast expecting great things. After fishing a competition hear last weekend where I hadn't done particularly well, I opted for something a little different from my normal approach.. .opting for a 9ft6 rod with a 7wt Rio grand floating line a two fly cast on Hanak 6lb cast of around 15ft and a box of traditional wets and spiders. The emphasis was on enjoyment and the pace wasn't exactly rushed I made my way down to the lake after a leisurely coffee and chat with Jamie and Chris.
    The first fish fell to a size 14 Copper King spider on the point and after a short fight a pristine
condition Rainbow trout of around the 2lb mark slid over the net in front of the lodge. After a short move to the large middle platform a second fish this time a picture postcard Brown trout swallowed my hot orange and olive spider on the dropper as soon as the cast hit the water, next cast saw another fish a rainbow of the same stamp as the first take the point copper king again. The rest of the afternoon was very hard I tried various wets teal and blue mallard and claret but a change back to the copper king brought two more lovely rainbows to the net and I was very happy. Morgan had a good day taking his first Brown pictured below and a Rainbow on his own tied egg flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment